- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use vour data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
1. What data do we collect?
Our Association collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and Country of origin)
- Contact Information: Email Address, Passport Data, Phone Numbers, postal or other physical addresses
- Physical Data: Gender, Health Requirements (for provision of suitable services)
- Additional information that may be necessary based on a case-by-case basis.
Any additional need for information in any particular cases will be communicated clearly to you, including the reasons for its collection and duration of its retention.
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Association with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via vour browser's cookies
- Apply to any of our Opportunities or Events
Our Association may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Registering at our hired Chapter Management Solutions (GlueUp)
3. What legal bases do we rely on to process your information?
We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
Consent - We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Learn more about withdrawing your consent.
Legal Obligations - We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Vital Interests - We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital
interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
In legal terms, we are generally the 'data controller' under European data protection laws of the personal information described in this privacy notice, since we determine the means and/or purposes of the data processing we perform.
This privacy notice does not apply to the personal information we process as a 'data processor' on behalf of our customers. In those situations, the customer that we provide services to and with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement is the 'data controller' responsible for your personal information, and we merely process your information on their behalf in accordance with your instructions. If you want to know more about our customers' privacy practices, you should read their privacy policies and direct any questions you have to them.
4. How will we use your data?
Our Association collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with projects and opportunities we think you might like
- Have a deeper understanding of our members Interests and distribution
In specific cases, if you agree, Our Association will share your data with our partner companies or Associations. It will be communicated clearly to you, including the reasons for its collection and duration of its retention.
When Our Association processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
5. How do we store your data?
Our Association securely stores your data in google suites connected domain and our web hosting service provided by a third-party company based in a non-European Union country. In all cases, we strive or will continue to strive to ensure that the organizations we work with have adequate data-protection and confidentiality clauses on data collection that are compliant with the regulations set out within the GDPR.
Our Association will keep your Data for 5 year period after your Membership has expired. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by erasing all your information from our database.
Our Association would like to send you information about projects and opportunities we think you might like
You have the right at any time to stop Our Association from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
7. What are your data protection rights?
Our Association would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Our Association for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Our Association correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Association to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Our Association erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Our Association restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Our Association's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Association transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Write to us: Secretarygeneral@ivsa.org